Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall

I am a summer baby, July to be exact; and, I typically moan and groan as fall begins to descend on this city, mostly because I know that it is the beginning of what is surely to be hell (read:winter). But, this year I am fully embracing the season; Edmonton, has been blessed with a fall, which is rare and I am determined to enjoy it. This city usually has 2 season, Winter and Summer, but this year we are getting a bonafide fall and I am loving it! This coming from a girl, who refused to buy socks last year until November, because it would be submitting to the hellish half year we refer to as winter. This year however, I feel like I am noticing the beautiful browns and oranges, barely even missing the wonderful greens of summer and I even have a delightful pair of festive orange gloves to get into the spirit. For so many years I just hated this time of year, but it really is wonderful; the malls are dead in the daytime, because all those kids have gone back to school (thank god!) and this year the city enjoyed a snow less thanksgiving, the first one in a long time. This time last year I was seeing my breath and sporting my winter coat and this year I am still wearing a blazer beautifully but I am finally able to see the beauty of this season, putting out of my mind what it preludes. I really am enjoying this time of year and I even went out and bought a package of cozy white socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment